Senior software engineer with 5+ years of industry experience and a masters in computer engineering seeks a rewarding career working on interesting, challenging, impactful projects that will benefit society and leave the world a better place.
Cloud Platform Engineer on Stackdriver Monitoring
- Assisted the team in fixing bugs that were blockers towards making a "beta" feature "generally available". These bugs included numerous changes throughout many layers of a complicated tech stack that spans several languages as well as many different styles and procedures (as some of the components were homegrown, following typical company conventions, while others were brought in through an acquisition and have not yet been brought into consistency with the rest of the system).
Knowledge Graph Backend Engineer
- Collaborated with the Google Web Server team in the design and implementation of an internal service provider interface for augmenting the capabilities of the Knowledge Graph data API in a modular way.
Knowledge Graph Frontend Engineer
- Designed and implemented various APIs and infrastructural simplifications to make it easier for feature developers to add new components to knowledge graph cards and other types of cards in Search.
- Designed a configuration file format for describing fake knowledge graph cards and implemented a system to load and display these within Search using the standard knowledge graph rendering in order to enable the creation of the Halloween knowledge graph easter eggs by allowing the Doodle team to provide simple configuration files for each monster. Design to launch was completed with less than a month's notice.
Google Web Server (GWS) Engineer
- Implemented a system that allows for the proprietary templating language used within Search to call back into functions written in C++ or Java. This feature is widely used in the Search HTML code to query configuration logic from within templates as well as to invoke i18n formatting routines on template inputs.
Lead the i18n rollout of SSL Search on the standard
www.google.*domains and contributed to the rollout of SSL Search on
www.google.com, including various rollout configurations, the creation of a commit hook to detect mixed mode content in code prior to submission, various types of production monitoring to detect mixed mode content in production, automating the rewriting of certain resource URLs for HTTPS pages in the templating engine, and triaging and fixing numerous mixed mode bugs.
- Designed and implemented a minigame framework for controlling the progression, difficulty, and scoring of minigames and developed a couple minigames using this framework.
- Created various libraries in ActionScript 3.0 to support the game, including a logging library similar to log4j, a persistence library built on top of SharedObject, and a localization library for looking up translations in both the audience's' language and the language being taught.
- Designed the schema for the MySQL database to represent the various types of users and polls.
- Implemented a PHP wrapper library on top of the MySQL database for creating and retrieving poll data.
- Evaluated varous open source page templates and adapted the template to create the Do-A-Poll website.
- Modified C++ monitoring software to persist monitoring data to a MySQL database using MySQL++.
- Created a Java Swing desktop GUI that retrieves the monitoring data over RMI and displays it.
- Modified the C++ CORBA code on the robot to support the play/record wheel movement commands.
- Implemented a minimal robot remote control GUI in Java/Swing to facilitate testing.
- Master of Science in Computer Engineering (M.S.Co.E.)
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering (B.S.Co.E.)
- Magna Cum Laude
- Dean's List
- Tau Beta Pi